HIMSS19 takes place Feb 11- 15, 2019 in Orlando. Join us at the Healthcare IT conference at booth #3759 to learn more about digitalizing healthcare by leveraging AI.
Exhibit Hall Hours
Around the world, health systems are struggling to provide high-quality care with convenient access at an affordable cost.
- Diagnostic and treatment programs are often designed for one-size-fits all approach.
- Health systems are fragmented. This results in low productivity and variability across the care episode.
- Patients are not actively engaged in their healthcare, and they have limited access to information.
- Healthcare is practiced based on fragmented information from siloed data pools.
Providers cannot make full leverage of advanced analytics to realize the potential of digitalizing healthcare and big data providing high-value care at anytime and anywhere. This results in $342 billion in lost benefits each year due to poor data integration1. In addition, healthcare data grows exponentially and is a key intangible asset for value creation. However, 4 out of 5 hospitals lack an effective data management strategy2.
Digitalizing healthcare is an important enabler for expanding precision medicine, transforming care delivery, and improving patient experience. Generating, aggregating, and analyzing data is the foundation of this enablement. Artificial Intelligence (AI) supports turning this data into actionable insights, while cybersecurity protects their integrity. Operationalizing the value of data concludes the digitalization process that will transform the very nature of healthcare and wellness.
Leveraging Artificial Intelligence into clinical routine
AI can help make medical equipment smarter, imaging results faster, and examinations more precise. Medical professionals get verifiable data for sound decisions across their care continuum, using intelligent digital technologies for more precise data acquisition, facilitating diagnostic quantification and interpretation as well as clinical decision support. This may help absorb the growing workload and reduce diagnostic errors.
Long-term experience, a powerful framework and AI applications in clinical routine make Siemens Healthineers stand out in digitalization:
• Long-term experience in AI with over 500 patents in machine learning and over 125 in deep learning.
• Connect to our healthcare cloud network with more than 3,500 connected providers in 58 countries.
• Security by design – that is our approach. We build secure products, keep them protected throughout their lifecycle, and continuously refine our cybersecurity safeguards for every product generation.
Transforming Care Delivery
Expanding Precision Medicine
Improving Patient Experience
Follow Us on Social Media
Get the latest news and updates before, during and after HIMSS 2019
- Follow us on Twitter to get updates from the event in real-time
- Subscribe to our Youtube channel and get video highlights and interviews from our booth
- Subscribe to our eNews newsletter and stay up-to-date on new products and industry trends, customized to your preferences
- Or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram
1Andrew, John. “Unsexy Plumbing,” Integrated Data And The Future Of The Healthcare System. techcrunch.com http://tcrn.ch/1IxRe5B (accessed January 24, 2019)
2Stanford Medicine, 2017: Health Trends Report – Harnessing the Power of Data in Health. https://med.stanford.edu/content/dam/sm/sm-news/documents/StanfordMedicineHealthTrendsWhitePaper2017.pdf (accessed January 24, 2019)